Friday 1 April 2011

It's Here!

A brand new beer is available today, exclusive to the Conqueror. Gadds' Smooth, a nitro-keg version of Gadds' Number 4 is the brewery's first attempt at pressurised beer. Using German Erstenavril malt, Chinese hop pellets and water from St Jude's well on the Isle of Sheppey, brewer Eddie Gadd has created a beer to rival even the great John Smith's Smooth. Gadds' Smooth has a flowery aroma with a sweet bitterness and a finish reminiscent of Czech dates. Ten pence for every pint ordered will go to The Conqueror's chosen charity, the Medway Queen Preservation Society.

4 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like just the thing to kick off with tonight so you can count on me to be chewing your doorknob off at opening time to get some of this.
    I hope it is a match for his other new offering this month, the Zwei Brauereien Festivalkatzepils. They will have to gag me and chain me down in the Punch & Judy's cellar to stop me getting off my threepennies with that stuff this Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gagged and chained down in Judy's cellar once. Cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally Gadds' get their act together and brew something decent! :P

    BeerBirraBier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie - why o why??? Smooth beer - wtf!!

    ReplyDelete